Friday, November 14, 2008

November rain




To see this photo in a larger size, click here.

It has not been the prettiest week weather-wise here in Chicago as we're transitioning into winter. I keep hearing that Guns N'Roses song November Rain going through my head.

So nevermind the darkness
we still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
even cold November rain

The skies were gloomy on Tuesday when I took my camera to a local park during my lunch break. There was a constant drizzle that sometimes turned into outright rain while I was there. I was probably quite the sight, balancing my umbrella while trying to take photos.

There's an airplane pictured low in the sky over the little boathouse roof. It kind of looks like it's sitting on the power lines. Yeah, the park is pretty close to O'Hare Airport. That seems to be a theme with me on Skywatch Fridays, doesn't it?

11 comments:

  1. It is rainy season here, too, though I haven't the energy to take pictures of it just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible photo. The compostion is wonderful. It portrays your dreary day, but doesn't make me feel dreary inside. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally what the sky over us looks like right now too...gloomy and gray. Your photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique shot, I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers!
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey great shot, plane a nice touch. Love the song as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your work Haley and this one is also just another example of how very talented you are!!

    What a fantastic shot!!

    Happy Saturday:-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very "moody" and perfect for this time of year. The plane is a happy bonus - Happy SWF! Come visit mine if you have the chance: dlyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo is wonderful!
    Have a wonderful weekend!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm melting, I'm melting!

    Well that's what popped into my head, when I saw this photo :)

    Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.