Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stepping out for a taste of wine




To see this photo in a larger size, click here.

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary. My husband sometimes gets a little squeamish about me using photos of him in my blogs, so instead I'm featuring one of my favorite photos of his backside. :P

This photo was taken during our vacation to Australia last year. Dave and my Auntie Edie are walking up the path to Domaine Chandon in the Yarra Valley outside of Melbourne.

I like the way the path curves off and out of the picture. Even through the vineyard is dormant, I like the winter greenery around it. I like the contrast of sun and shadow over the vineyard and into the mountains. I like the fact that even through Edie is using a cane, she still looks like she has a spring in her step -- it seems like a jaunty accessory and not a tool.

Mostly, I like that my husband is in it. :) Happy Anniversary.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! 14 years, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Hales :) You know I gotta tell you (and this is completely off topic) but I love that I know a Haley and mostly I love that it's you! You're so the Haley I would have wanted in my life! The commentary you have for this photo is just perfect. Those are the exact same things I would have noticed about it - and in that order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina9/24/2008

    Happy Anniversary!! Does it feel like it has been 14 years?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Monique -- Thanks!

    @Fragileheart -- Thank you. That's probably one of the sweetest things anyone has said to me all week.

    @Karina -- From and me and Dave perspective, no. But when I look at all the things that have changed in those 14 years -- the marriages and deaths and babies in our families -- then it does.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.