- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I have had job titles with both "chief" and "engineer" in them, but not at the same time.
2. I own two custom-made ballroom-style corsets, but I haven't worn them in a few years because I've gained a few pounds and they no longer fit right. You can find photos of me wearing them (and 20 pounds lighter) on this page and on this page and on this page. The site and photos are totally G-rated.
3. I once won a Magic: The Gathering card game tournament at a local comic book shop. I sold all my Magic cards shortly afterward and recouped my investment. If you gave me Magic cards now, I'd be clueless what to do with them.
4. I hate crunchy vegetables. Over-cook and puree them, and you might get me to eat them.
5. Because of dust allergies as a kid, my parents had to take the carpeting out of my bedroom and get rid of my stuffed animals.
6. I have a 60-gallon fish tank in my family room. The fish tank has not had any fish in it since 2000; instead, it's full of stuffed animals. It kind of looks like a broken carnival game. It's been like that for so long, I hardly notice it anymore, although I'm starting to get embarrassed by it.
7. I've had 24 teeth pulled by an oral surgeon. Because my teeth were too big for the size of my jaw, when I was 8 years old, the oral surgeon pulled 10 baby teeth, and when I was 10 he pulled 6 more baby teeth and 4 permanent teeth. When I was in college, he pulled my 4 wisdom teeth. Bonus: The tooth fairy paid double for the pulled teeth. Don't worry -- I have a full set of teeth now. :)
8. I'm good at keeping secrets, which sucks when you're a blogger.
My victims? I'll tag:
Catherine at Sharp Words, Cromely, MamaFlo, Monique, Brady Frost, Don at Driving to Oahu, and Tina at The Creative Nerd. For some of you with writing-specific blogs, consider this a challenge to keep the list of 8 facts writing related.
You may have counted only seven tags. That's because I'm leaving the last spot open for you non-bloggers. If you want to participate, feel free to post it to your page at a social networking site, or leave it in a comment, or email it to me. Whatever makes you happy.