Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Contest catch-up

While I'm starting with a clean slate at work, I thought I'd also try to finish up some projects at home.

I've been coordinating the Futuristic/Fantasy/Paranormal category for the Windy City Four Seasons Awards again this year (it's a romance writing contest), and I spent all last night emailing the non-finalists their score sheets and assembling their packets to return through regular mail. I'm only about a month late doing this. (Sorry about that, if by chance one of the entrants is reading this.)

As soon as we announce the final placements, then I can clear everything off my plate and return the score sheets and packets to the finalists. I'm as eager to do that as the finalists are to hear how they did, but unfortunately, we have to wait for the other categories to determine final rankings also. (Probably another week, maybe two.)

Funny thing is, we had only 17 entries in FFP, but 5 of them finaled in some way, shape or form. Three were finalists in the FFP category, and three were finalists in a new, overall category called Hero Guaranteed to Blow You Away (one was a double-finalist). There's some really good writing out there. I can't wait to see some of these writers published.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.