Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mega Project nears release date

The Mega Project has ended at work. Yesterday I made the switch back to my old team while the Mega Project ties up loose ends, then goes on to audit and eventual release.

Deep sigh.

For six months I've been on loan to the Mega Project team. And now, weeks of intense work days are over. I don't have to look at the countdown posted on the bulletin board anymore, let alone the sign that went up last week: "We just passed the completion date of May 30, 2007" (read with an undertone of doom). Yes, we overshot the release date a little bit.

Of course, now that I'm back on my old team, we're jumping into two simultaneous software revisions. But this is Long Established Project, and the intense days (hopefully) will be fewer and farther between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.