Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tales of Trixy and Spot

We've had visitors. They appear to be strays or feral, and they've come back several times over the past week. In fact, I didn't realize there were two of them until I looked out at about 1 a.m. and saw them curled together. I just named them tonight. That's a bad sign, isn't it? At least I haven't fed them.

They're laying on Dad's rocking chair, and blend in well with the cushion. We've had a lot of rain lately, and the chair is on a sheltered, lit porch.

They're really jumpy. Any sound or quick movement near them will cause them to flee. This was taken through the front door, pushing the curtain aside, without the flash. I managed to take three pictures before scaring them away, although this was the only usable photo.

Obviously, a part of me thinks they're cute and is tickled that they've found a comfortable spot on Dad's chair. But I also know it's not good to have feral cats around. I don't see any collars or tags, and they sure spook easily.

Perhaps once the rain lets up they'll disappear. Or maybe they'll move on when we relocate the chair to the back patio. I'll continue to keep an eye out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.