Thursday, May 21, 2009

An Eye on Dali's clock




To see this photo in a larger size, click here.

Along the Southbank of the Thames in London, across the bridge from Westminster, is the London Eye, a giant Ferris Wheel that has quickly become a London landmark. Next to the Eye is County Hall, which is currently exhibiting The Dali Universe featuring the works of the famous artist Dali and other surrealists.

Giant Dali statues line the Thames in front of County Hall. I was drawn to this one of the melting clock. I like the way the Eye looms over the statue. I just wish I'd turned on my fill flash to brighten up the face of the statue more.

4 comments:

  1. What a great shot!

    One of these days I am going to get over The Pond and see all of this stuff in person - I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photo. Love all the images on your blog. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen the London Eye from this perspective. You have 2 great icons in 1 photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DPfeiffer10/15/2009

    Awesome, love this!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.