Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Borough Market




To see this photo in a larger size, click here.

A long overdue update! Yes, I'm still here. I've been busy doing everything but photography lately. Thanks for sticking with me and checking back.

Over the weekend we made a whirlwind trip to London to see some good friends married. We arrived Friday morning and left Monday morning. Not enough time to even adjust our body clocks.

Friday we were a couple of jet-lagged zombies as we strolled around our friends' neighborhood in Southwark, which is on the south-east side of the Thames across from the old city of London.

It was a familiar area, as we have visited previously. One of our stops included the Borough Market, which is a famous fresh produce market with a long history.

This photo is the roof above an older part of the market. I think what I like about this photo is the way it juxtaposes the elegant Victorian scrolls against the more modern looking sign and the decay being held back by the netting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.