OK, really weird. I saw this meme on Beannachd, and decided to give it a go. I knew it was familiar and that I'd done an email version of it a long time ago, but thought it was just that, an email version.
Then I saw this meme on Fragileheart's Journal, and that solidified my decision to participate.
Then, after I filled it out and got ready to post it, I looked through my archives and realized that I posted this exact same meme (up to question No. 24) two years ago, and my answers are surprisingly consistent. Scary almost. If you like, you can compare answers here.
I guess the blog has been around a while when I start forgetting that I've posted something before.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Depends on the gift.
2. Real tree or artificial? A pre-lit artificial tree. It wouldn't get done otherwise.
3. When do you put up the tree? About two weeks before Christmas. It used to be that we'd celebrate my grandfather's birthday around Dec. 11 on the same night we put up the tree. That date now sticks in my head as the ideal time to put up the tree.
4. When do you take the tree down? In an ideal world, New Years Day, but in reality, by *ahem* late January. I think New Years Day is my Mom's old rule of thumb from when she had a live tree.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, thank you.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Bionic Woman Action Figure. Or maybe the Holly Hobby doll. Truthfully, I wasn't really into dolls, but then why were they my favorite gifts? Maybe it was my dart board or the ping-pong table.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He'll ask for clothes, but he really only likes things he picks out himself. Or he'll say not to spend much money, but it's hard not to because he has expensive taste.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Loki and Thor. They're dogs, not people, I know, but we do buy them a stuffed animal and a treat every Christmas.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? In a box somewhere. I've never put it up.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I aspire to mail my cards. Haven't done so in a few years.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing springs to mind. Really. Does that make me lame?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably. At a work-type exchange.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pumpkin pie.
16. Lights on the tree? Multi-colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Currently, the soundtrack from the Nightmare Before Christmas. I actually did a post about my then current favorites two years ago.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? All the family is within 20 minutes drive, so even though we're not hosting Christmas at our house, we don't have very far to go.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. (Does that make me psycho, Reggy? LOL)
20. Angel on the tree top or star? We had an angel until last year when I replaced it with a star.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? My hasband and I exchange on Christmas Eve (but after midnight), and we have the dogs open their presents on Christmas Eve, otherwise we have to get up too early on Christmas Day to do all that we want to do.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Having to work, and trying to keep on a diet.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? None. My tree is nostalgia tree, with all sorts of ornaments I've collected over the years. Although I have collected a number of glass hearts. My husband wants a theme tree. He hasn't gotten one yet. :)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Give me a good filet mignon and some shrimp and I'll be happy.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A good camera bag. That's my No. 1 request.
26. Will you bake any cookies? Yes. I have a cookie exchange to go to this Friday. Baking is slated for Thursday night. I'm making something involving Oreo cookies and chocolate.
Want to play along? Consider yourself tagged.