A friend at work sent this to me as an email, and I thought it would be fun to post here. If anyone wants to answer this survey themselves, please send me a copy (or post it in a comment). I'd be curious to read your answers.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, *INCLUDING* the person that sent it to you. C'mom....have some fun!!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Depends on the gift and how much time I have.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, pre-lit.
3. When do you put up the tree? 1-3 weeks before Christmas, depending on how lazy we are. This year, we were really lazy.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's Day, before Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Holly Hobby doll and Bionic Woman action figure (and yet, I wasn't a doll kid). Oh, and the ping-pong table and dart board were really cool also.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? In a box somewhere. It's never gone up.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Husband (that's you, Dave)
9. Easiest person to buy for? Loki and Thor
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, when I get around to it.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Razors and deodorant in my stocking. What was Santa trying to tell me?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pumpkin pie
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Multi-colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Can you call it traveling if it's only 10 minutes away?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes -- Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen, and of course, the most famous reindeer of all, Rudolph (I hope I got them all right -- there was no Googling involved)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, but shopping for something else
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? One on Christmas Eve, most on Christmas Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? So much I want to do, but so little time.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Not into themes. Mine is a memory tree.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Not important to me. If forced to choose, a nice, juicy steak.