Friday, November 07, 2008

Balloon watch




To see this photo in a larger size, click here.

At the joint birthday party for two of my nieces last weekend, the kids followed an annual tradition and released balloons into the sky. If you look closely, you can see three other balloons in the background (along with a few smudges on my polarizing filter. I think they're actually inclusions on the lens. I should invest in better filters.)

FYI, never release Mylar balloons. They can get tangled in power lines and cause problems because they're made of metal.

Does anyone else see a recognizable shape where the sun is breaking through the clouds? It kind of looks like a woman in a dress or an angel to me.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow haley this one is so cool.....a balloon!! How cool is that? I like it very much!!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it looks like an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great photo...and I love the bright red balloon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, I see an angel figure! Have you ever heard the story The Red Balloon? That is what I thought of when I opened this page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to imagine this at a birthday party and no kids screaming that theirs balloons are gone. Maybe this is the answer. Make it a tradition, then when they lose it, we can just say they let theirs go early. Eureka!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice! Just hope this balloon didn't come from any lil boy or girl out there...or else... :)
    Happy Skywathching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Red, White and Blue capture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat capture the balloon stand out! But I notice the sun looked like a ginger bread man too! Nice!

    Earth

    ReplyDelete
  9. May-be one of the best todaY?;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful photo!

    I saw a star at first, but I prefer to think it's an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo pretty! balloons remind me of summertime, I miss it already!
    (and, I just joined Skywatch! ... haha, Lisa365 is #365 :D )

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.