Friday, March 23, 2007

Kline Creek Farm

Kline Creek Farm

Took myself on a field trip Saturday to the Kline Creek Farm museum. It's run by the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County as an 1890s living history farm.

The blacksmithing demonstration brought me out there -- research for the next book -- but I had a great time wandering around. Even snagged a private tour of the farm house.

Of course, I didn't take photos inside the house or of the blacksmithing. It was too nice a day. Almost spring! My photos are from outside. Even the new lambs.

New lambs on the farmAt the Kline Creek Farm

I ended my fieldtrip with a quick stop at Mallard Lake Forest Preserve, where I snapped my favorite photo of the day.

A stop at Mallard Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.