Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hotaling's Whiskey

Ever since reading on the Anchor Brewing website that the company had produced a special-edition commemorative Hotaling's Whiskey, and then writing about it last month, I've been interested in acquiring a bottle. After doing a little research locally and scouring the internet, I emailed the brewing company directly to find out if any local distributors carried it.

Here is the response I received yesterday: "Our Hotaling's is available only in California. Unfortunately, since we bottled only 30 cases of it, it is sold out."

The funny thing is, I don't even like whiskey. (I aspire to, though.) What I like is the history surrounding the whiskey. The San Francisco connection. Plus, I know it would look really nice in the bar my husband and I had built in our living room.

I know I'm not the only person attracted to the idea of the Hotaling's whiskey. For the small number of hits this site receives, I've noticed that a percentage of people have found my site through internet searches for Hotaling's whiskey.

And in my quest to find the bottle, I admit to doing a little searching of my own. Here are some interesting sites I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.