Friday, August 05, 2005

Did I mention I'm almost done with my book?

Did I mention I'm almost done with my book? I'm working on the last three chapters now, then I have three really short bridge chapters to finish. Then I'm done.

Well, is it ever really done? Not until it's published.

Once I finish those chapters, I then enter the stage of circulating the completed book among friends and fellow writers for feedback. I have a critique group that's been reading chapters all along, but that's different from having someone read the whole book from beginning to end to see if it works as a whole.

Hopefully, the feedback will require minimal revisions (I can hope, can't I?) and it'll be ready for submission in the Golden Heart contest this winter and, more importantly, ready for an editor's desk.

Now, all I need to do is sit in my chair and get it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.