Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Loki immortalized!

Oh! Oh! Oh! So excited!



An artist found a photo of my dog Loki on my Flickr set a few months ago and asked if she could turn the picture into a painting. I checked her out and really liked her work, so I said yes, of course.



Well, just a few minutes ago, Carolyn Anderson of Mutt Butt Studio sent me a photo of the painting. Check it out:






Thanks Carolyn for doing such a wonderful job!



In case you're curious, here's my original photo that she worked from:



3 comments:

  1. That is one great painting!! Acrylics too right? I think they're the hardest to paint with. Give me watercolours any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/02/2008

    That's really nice! I bet Loki is impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fragileheart -- I agree! I love it! I'm not sure what medium she used. She blogged a little bit about it here:
    http://muttbuttstudio.blogspot.com/2008/07/loki-god-of-mischeif.html

    @Periapex -- Loki is beyond such worldly things. If she can't eat it, nibble it or sniff it, or if it won't pet her on the belly, she has little use for it. Me, on the other hand, I'm really impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.