Friday, December 02, 2005

The Golden Heart

My Golden Heart entry has arrived at RWA headquarters with only a few hours to spare. I admit it: Yes, I’m a procrastinator.

My big holdup was the synopsis. But for anyone who has written a synopsis, that is no surprise. They’re not fun. Instead, they describe all the fun things that happen in your story, so the fun is a generation removed.

The other holdup was I needed to refine a bit of the entry to make it move faster. Based on some initial reads of my completed book by trusted friends, and reinforced by contest results, it seems that the middle and end of my book move much faster than the beginning. This is fine and dandy, I think, when you’re reading a book, but it won’t help me get the book sold.

So, now I’m in a refining stage for my book. The reviews are coming in for version 1.0 and I’m working on version 1.1. (Yes, I work in the software programming industry.)

So, by the end of this month, I want a new version of the book that I can distribute to all those people who’ve been saying for years that they want to read it. AND, I need to start querying. Truthfully, my Golden Heart entry is a submission package, and I do have a strong query letter written. So what’s the holdup? (That was rhetorical.) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.