Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Silhouettes



I did it again. A whole month without an update. Gah. I hate it when I do that.

One of the many things I did in the past month was take a vacation to Galena, Illinois. We rented a house, packed up Baby X and the dogs, and headed out for four nights with friends. From our rental house we saw deer and squirrel up close, plus enjoyed the daily parade of wild turkeys. We also did some snowboarding at Chestnut Mountain, did a wine tasting in Galena's historic downtown, and had an all-around nice time. (Click here to see all the photos from the trip.)

Here are two of my favorite photos from the trip. I took them one afternoon while Marriott was walking the dogs. I was standing in the doorway of the house, holding Baby X in one arm and balancing my camera in the other.

Marriott said that even though she knew it was her in the photo, the image of her standing at the top of the driveway gave her nightmares. She could imagine some evil person approaching the house like that while she slept...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I see what she means about the scary silhouette, but in the first picture, she looks very friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.