Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meme time: Seven facts about me

It's taken me a little while to get to this meme. Fragileheart tagged me over a month ago. Thank you Reggy. Sorry it took me so long.
Here’s the rules:
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Seven Facts…

1. I like to go to lunch alone. Not that I'm against socializing with people at lunch, but for the most part I prefer to go alone. Then I can read the newspaper, write or balance my checkbook. It's my time. It's me time.

2. I haven't balanced my checkbook in like two years. I really need to get back into the swing of that. I do, however, closely monitor my checking account balance on the Internet.

3. I once hit my best friend over the head with my Bionic Woman lunch box. Needless to say, my mother received a phone call from her mother, and I got a talking to.

4. I once had a foot-fetishist ask if he could admire my feet. I was wearing sandals and sitting on a bench in the middle of a shopping mall. I told him he could look, but he couldn't touch. After about 30 seconds of that, I realized I was too creeped out by the attention. I calmly told him, "Now that's enough," and I fled (by which I mean I hurriedly got in the elevator to meet my husband upstairs at his office, which was above the mall).

5. I hate surveys that make me name my favorite things. It's like I'm making a lifetime commitment. Want to cause me anxiety? Ask me my favorite color.

6. My favorite colors are burgundy and black. Sometimes you can include green, yellow and orange in that. For the most part, I don't like blue and pink (even though I'm wearing a hot pink tank-top right now).

7. I once watched a man randomly strip off his clothes and dance naked in the basement lounge of a bar. He was not a stripper and it was not a strip club. He was not a person you would want to see dancing naked. We affectionately referred to him as "Dancing Naked Man" while he quietly put on his one-man show in the corner, which lasted a good hour or so. No police were called. No bouncer put a stop to his antics. It was a bar where this kind of stuff was tolerated. He was harmless. (While this was up there on the strange scale, it was by no means the only strange thing I ever saw at this bar.)

I'm turning this into a self-tagging meme. If you want to participate, feel free to grab it. If you do participate, leave me a comment, and I'll edit this post to include your link.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/19/2008

    He could look but couldn't touch your feet or himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Periapex -- I meant my feet. I assumed he had the sense not to touch himself in a public shopping mall in broad daylight. I didn't stick around to make sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/19/2008

    I suspect that in my neck of the woods if I asked someone if I could admire their feet and I stared for 30 seconds, I'd for sure get slammed with a lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have to comment about the foot guy, too. I used to DATE a foot man - no joke. He was also "harmless" but his, ahem, habits were strange, to say the least. However, to his credit, we had some fun dates and he was smart and had even been to therapy. Wisely, the therapist basically told him that sexuality and fetishes are pretty hard wired and so he had to just get used to it and find an understanding partner. I wasn't THAT understanding, as it turned out.

    good times...sort-of. At least good for stories.

    Warmly,

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/19/2008

    Hehe don't worry about it Haley! You've been busy. I enjoyed this. I particularly liked how you talked about not being able to chose a favourite colour in one point and then talk about your favourite colours in the very next point! lol and uhm... feet guy huh? I dunno if I could handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8/20/2008

    That foot fetish guy would have freaked me out royally!! Ewwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least he wasn't a boobs fetishist ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bar had to be in San Francisco, right? Doesn't sound very DuPage ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8/26/2008

    I once had a man strip for me outside of a bar on a public street! Then, after he put his clothes back on, he promptly took them off again. Similar situation as you, he was not exactly the man you want to see naked on a street at 2.30am on a Thursday night.
    And, no foot fetishist would ever want to see my bony dinosaur feet! You are lucky, you must have cute feet!
    www.fiveblondes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Periapex -- Yeah, but I don't see a lot of metal lunchboxes anymore. I'm thinking you'd probably get hit with one of those soft-insulated ones. Might be worth the risk. :)

    @Laura -- Hopefully, for every person with a fetish out there, there's someone else with a complementary fetish. It does seem like he talked to a wise therapist.

    @fragileheart -- Once I'd thrown the favorite color question out there, I couldn't get it out of my head. Had to answer it. But I was still wishy-washy. And you know what I love about the internet? Invisible borders. I say "favorite color", you respond with "favourite colour", and I get to respond with "favorite color" again. :)

    @monique -- I was so proud of myself for not freaking out at first, then disappointed when I did in the end.

    @Don -- I think of all the fetishes to have, boobs is the easiest one to find a fix for. More mainstream. Yet, if someone asked if they could stare and "admire" my boobs for a little while, I think I'd be more creeped out then by someone asking to "admire" my feet. Don't know why. And about the bar. Yes, it was in San Francisco. Try searching Jezebel's Joint. You won't find that in DuPage! I guess it's a gay bar now.

    @Leah -- Finally, someone commented on "dancing naked guy"! I think I'd be a lot more creeped out by some guy stripping on a public street like you saw. That must be a difficult compulsion to live with. Oh, and about the feet. They've been called cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.