Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snow, cold and fog



We're deep in the throes of a Chicago winter. One day we get dumped with a ton a snow, then it warms up to the 50s and gets all foggy and dreary outside while the snow melts, then a few days later we get dumped with a ton of more snow, then the temperatures plunge and today we have single digits and gorgeous blue skies.

I think the only beasts enjoying this weather are my two Bernese mountain dogs (think Swiss Alps).

I'm not really complaining (OK, just a smidge), but in weather like this I can't help but sing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" with lyrics reworked by a former coworker (Briggs) years ago. The only relevant line you need to know replaces "Let it snow" with the more colorful phrase "F*** the snow". You get the idea, I'm sure. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.