Friday, August 24, 2007

Sunset during a break in the storms



Some wild weather we've been having. I can't count the number of days this month that we've had thunderstorms during the night. But yesterday, so far, takes the cake. Chains of thunderstorms coming through -- even a tornado warning mid day -- making the daytime feel like night.

As I was driving home yesterday in the dark, the sun started to peak through the clouds like a bright orange eyeball. I had my camera with me, but by the time I was off the expressway and into a parking lot in a local forest preserve, the eyeball was gone and a huge portion of the horizon was bright orange.

I stopped a few more places on the way home to snap photos, and I'm really happy with a few of them. I even played with stitching a few together to get a panorama (top photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.