Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Deciphering those urban legends

I like websites that keep me quickly conversant on what people are talking about. I regularly visit the "most emailed" and "most viewed" lists on news sites to peruse the headlines, such as the New York Times Top 25 list.

I'm probably slow in finding this one, but today I saw that Snopes.com has a list of its hottest urban legends currently circulating. Did you know that entering your PIN number in reverse at an ATM will not summon police? The photos showing a photographer leap from rock to rock in the Grand Canyon are real but the description is misleading? And that Barack Obama is not idealogically muslim?

I've already bookmarked the page for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.