Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I must be too happy

So is this my problem? I'm too happy? I don't have enough fear in my life?

Check out this Chicago Tribune story: Happy is helpful, but fear fosters focus.
A bubbly mood may enhance creativity, but feeling happy can actually hinder the ability to focus on a task, according to a new study.

Researchers found that happy subjects did well when asked to be innovative but that they struggled when they had to concentrate on a simple activity and ignore distractions.
Obviously, this rings true to me. Maybe it also explains why so many creative people are procrastinators who can't focus until they're on deadline.

Bring on the heavy metal, I've got to darken my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.