Monday, May 08, 2006

Garage Sale

Box-loads of stuff gone. A pocket-full of cash in. Two days spent with my mother and sister - priceless.

Friday and Saturday were my almost-annual garage sale with my mother and sister. The weather was nice and we had a good sale, but I can't say that any of us raked in a ton of cash. Figured as an hourly wage, my net take wasn't so good. But factor in the time spent with my family, the relief of getting rid of stuff I no longer use, and the rewards of seeing some of that stuff go to people who can give it good homes, and it becomes worthwhile.

The first sale we logged on Friday? A toilet seat - brand new and still in its packaging. (It wasn't my contribution to the sale, BTW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.