Friday, January 11, 2002

Travelog Day 6: Illinois

Note 1-5-2007: We don't seem to have written an official Day 6 travelog. I think we were too tired, plus the sense of adventure had worn off by the time we hit Illinois. The morning trip to the museum of the dog was a disappointment after all that we'd seen over the past few days. It was a five-hour drive from St. Louis that both of us had made more than once previously. We even lifted our rule about not eating in chain restaurants, stopping for lunch at a Cracker Barrel.

The minute we arrived at my parents' house, we were so happy to see my dog Red and my parents, to vegetate in front of a television and relax, that we didn't seem to think about a last day travelog. Also, I had the real world to content with, as Dave was flying in and we were closing on our new house the next day.

In perusing old emails, these are the best references to our last day that I can find.


-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: Travelog Day 5: Into the Midwest

... We [close on the new] house tomorrow, but the truck doesn't arrive until Monday, which will work out just fine.

Marriott and I (who miraculously have survived a week of 24-7 with each other) have just finished our Survivor festival and are getting ready to watch this week's Buffy. The joys of civilization.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marriott
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 3:06 AM
Subject: Howdy

Just wanted to say again that I had a great time on our roadtrip adventure. Thanks for inviting me along (or did I invite myself? :)) on your trek back to Chicago.

Typing to my aunt, I realized that we literally were together 24-7 for 6+ days minus bathroom trips (and even then sometimes it was together in the big women's rooms!). That's pretty amazing. I can't think of very many people I could spend that much time with and enjoy it. But I definitely did.

And thanks for putting me up for two more days on top of it all!

I hope your move in goes smoothly. And I hope you guys enjoy your new house!

Kiss Red on the nose for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.