Tuesday, April 08, 2008

At Large: Lisa Meme Love

Since my World of Warcraft server is having issues tonight and I can't seem to finish my daily quests, and EntreCard is down for a server upgrade and I can't drop cards, there's nothing left to do but actually write.

What a novel concept.

But wait, I can get out of this! There are a few memes that I've been meaning to do.

The Traffic-Generating Meme

OMG! I've been tagged. Officially tagged. It's never happened to me before. Thank you Lisa. You've given me a new experience, which is so nicely in line with the concept of your Lisa365: Everyday New blog.

What was I tagged for? It's a traffic generating meme.

Here are the rules:
1. Copy all the links below and replace your blog beside the appropriate letter. For example if your blog name starts with the letter “D” then replace the link beside “D” with yours, and put the replaced link at the bottom of the list. Also add the person who tagged you at the bottom of the list.
Hmmm... What are the rules of alphabetizing here? Do I go by "The Beacon", or ignore the "The" and go by "Beacon"? Or do I go by my address and use "haleyhughes.blogspot.com?" What to do? Any way I choose, I displace someone from the list.

2. Tag at least 5 people and encourage them to take part of the game - tag blogs only and only those without bad rated material.

OK. Here's the List:

A acowboyswife.com
B Brownflava
C chatbugkaren.com
D delusionsofgrandeur.org
E everythingandanythingblog.com
F
G GirlforallStatus
H Hawaii Volcano Guide
I ipentimento.com
J juliesjournal.com
K kabalyero.com
L Lisa365: Everyday New
M My Happiness Haven
N nicusor.com
O originalmx5.net
P peapodsquad
Q qweddings.com
R ringtailsquealer.blogspot.com
S stephanmiller.com
T The Beacon
U utada-online.net
V valmg.com
W wickedbabylon.com
X xaviermedia.com
Y yimto.com
Z zbudapest.com

Replaced link: TenaciousCreations.com

Previous Tagger: Lisa365: Everyday New

I am tagging:
Cromely's World
Driving to Oahu
The Hunter's Wife
Beeker's Words
... and you (if you wish to participate)

The Desktop Meme

And while I've been tagged by Lisa, I might as well grab the desktop meme also.

Here are the rules:
A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. You can do a screen capture by:

[1] Go to your desktop and press the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).

[2] Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V).

[3] If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.

B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you feel like doing it. Tell us why you decided to choose this picture.

Here's my desktop:

screen capture of my computer desktop

Expecting a sexy guy? The photo is one I took at York Minster in England back in 2003. For some reason, I hardly even change the desktop photo on my home PC, but regularly change it on my work PC. I think it's a photo of my dogs at work.

I'm usually a neat freak about icons on my desktop, but I was doing some blog design work a few weeks ago and haven't filed things away yet.

Avatar fun

avatarAnd while I'm raiding Lisa's site for content, I might as well play with the avatar generator she posted about (which she got via Geekmommashup.com). Here's what I created. It was intended to look like me, but you'd never ID me from a photo lineup using this image.



8 comments:

  1. Aw I'm glad you enjoyed my blog!! :D haha I love doing these memes... especially that desktop one, that one is pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the memes too. And the desktop meme gives a nice glimpse into the person behind the blog. Made me wish I had a sexier desktop! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. World of Warcraft ftw!! I don't know why I get so excited when I read about another female playing that game.

    I love your desktop photo. Very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Monique. I really love that photo and was thrilled when Schmap.com asked to use it in their online York travel guide this year.

    And, definitely, World of Warcraft FTW! I searched your blog and found references to your husband playing, but I didn't see any references to what you play. And about women playing, I know there are a lot out there, I even know a couple in real life, but why aren't there more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. beeker4/08/2008

    Thanks for the tag! I have a few of these to catch up on. I love your desktop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Beeker. To me, memes seem like they should be simple and easy to complete, but then, for some reason, I end up spending far too much time on them. I can see where they'd back up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice avatar! It looks very stylish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, GeekMom! But the lack of pupils is kind of creepy, don't you think? :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave a comment. You do your part, and I'll try to keep the conversation going.